Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means wheel and there are seven major chakra points with each one correlating to a different part of the body. Chakras are where two or more channels of energy cross in your body, forming an energy center. When your energy flow is out of balance or gets blocked, you can become ill and when they become out of alignment so does your mood, body, health - basically your life.
Gemstones and Chakras
Gemstones and Chakras - The Crown Chakra or Sahasrara, is known as the Thousand-petalled Lotus, it is the seventh primary chakra and located at the top of head. It symbolizes the balance of duality within us and is a place of pure consciousness. It is from this chakra that all other chakras emanate.
- • Key points: pure consciousness, peace, spirituality, inner wisdom, awareness
- • Color: violet
- • Location: top of head
- • Gemstones associated with this chakra and focus on it are clear quartz (balancing), amethyst (balancing)
Brow Chakra The Brow Chakra or Ajna, is known as the Third Eye Chakra. The sixth primary chakra is located center of forehead, slightly above the eyebrows. The Third Eye Chakra is considered the eye of intuition and intellect.
- • Key points: wisdom, intuition, vision, spiritual guidance, clarity, dreams, psychic abilities
- • Color: white or deep blue
- • Location: center of the brow
- • Gemstones associated with this chakra and focus on it are lapis lazuli (balancing)
Throat Chakra - The Throat Chakra or Vishuddha is the fifth primary chakra, it is located in the center of the throat. It is a bridge from the Heart chakra to the Brow and Crown chakra it is the bridge from our earth body to our spiritual body. The Throat chakra is all about communication. If we speak and sing good words, it will stay in alignment. If we use our voice negatively , it will become out of balance and manifest physical symptoms of the ear, nose, throat and respiratory issues.
- • Key points: communication, self-expression, will
- • Color: turquoise
- • Location: center of throat
- • Gemstones associated with this chakra and focus on it are turquoise (balancing), rose quartz ( love) quartz (calming), yellow andblue topaz (activating)
Heart Chakra - The Heart Chakra or Anahata is the fourth primary chakra. It is located at the center of the chest on the sternum. The Heart chakra isn’t just about physical love, but about loving and appreciating the creation life and it is a gateway to higher consciousness.
- • Keypoints: passion, love, trust, safety, inner-child issues, rejection
- • Color: green and/or pink/red/white
- • Location: center of chest
- • Gemstones associated with this chakra and focus on it are peridot (activating), rose quartz (balancing)
Solar Plexus Chakra - The Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura is the third primary chakra. It is located between the navel and the bottom of the sternum. It enables and regulates the flow of energies throughout the body. The ten petals symbolize spiritual ignorance, thirst, jealousy, treachery, shame, fear, disgust, delusion, foolishness and sadness. Note:You must heal this chakra before working on aligning higher up chakras.
- • Keypoints: physical center, personal power, emotional control, fear, anxiety, introversion
- • Color: yellow
- • Location: between naval and sternum
- • Gemstones associated with this chakra and focus on it are topaz (activating), tourmaline (activating), emerald (calming), sapphire (calming), citrine (balancing)
Sacral Chakra - The Sacral Chakra is the second primary chakra. It is located just below the belly button and the petals are associated with affection, pitilessness, feeling of all-destructiveness, delusion, disdain and suspicion. This chakra deals with assimilation on many levels - sexually, food, ideas and creativity - and is referred to as the center of self-expression and joy.
- • Keypoints: creativity, energy storage, relationships, addictions, sexuality
- • Color: orange
- • Location: below belly button
- • Gemstones associated with this chakra and focus on it are carnelian (activating), emerald (calming), moonstone (balancing), aqua and aquamarine (balancing
Base Chakra - The Base is known as the root is the first primary chakra. It is located at the base of the spine and has four lotus petals. The four lotus petals represent joy, natural pleasure, delight in controlling passions and blissfulness in concentration.
- • Keypoints: grounding, health, connection to Mother Earth, survival, moving forward
- • Color: red
- • Gemstones associated with this chakra and focus on it are tourmaline (calming/grounding), carnelian